Dave started his professional career at famed agency Doyle Dane Bernbach in New York where he created ads for Volkswagen, Nabisco, and American Airlines. At Doyle, Dave worked alongside many of the original “Mad Men” who were later featured in the popular AMC TV Series. From Doyle, Dave moved to TBWA/Chiat Day, and it was there he created over 50 ads in the now iconic Absolut Vodka campaign. Dave has received over 70 awards for his work, including the first Cannes Gold Lion ever given to a print campaign. Dave’s work on Absolut has been chronicled in a soon-to-be-released Netflix documentary entitled Absolut Documentary. In its wrap-up of 20th Century Advertising, Ad Age Magazine named both Absolut and Volkswagen to its top ten greatest campaigns of the century. Dave is the only writer to have worked on both campaigns. After TBWA, Dave joined ABC Sports as a producer and director, working on Emmy award-winning shows including Monday Night Football, the longest-running, highest-rated primetime sports show in TV history. Dave is Co-founder of FLY Communications, a 20-year-old marketing and consulting firm. In 2015, Dave completed a 23-year stint as an adjunct professor at the Parsons School, currently ranked the number one design school in the world.
- Favorite wellbeing ritual: Oatmeal every morning.
- Favorite way to de-stress: Raking leaves.
- Advice for managing wellbeing during the school year: Try to get in 10 thousand steps a day, no matter the weather.
- Advice for supporting colleagues and peers during the school year: Get people to join you on your walk.
- Source of inspiration: Groucho, Chico, Harpo, and Zeppo Marx.