The Oooh Aaah Song helps students practice mindfulness, and recognize the importance of mindful breathing. During the Oooh Aaah Song, students will move through different emotions or feelings that come from their Emotional ABC list, where breathing might be able to help them. This exercise also gives them the opportunity to practice recognizing their own emotions, and instances where breathing could have helped them get through a challenge.
Primary Competency: Self-Management
Skills: Managing emotions, mindfulness, stress management
How to prepare for The Oooh Aaah Song:
- Load the video before playing to check that sound is working.
- Follow along with your student! Reinforce these skills and model active participation.
Next-Level Student Prompts:
- TIP! Use this song throughout the day, or when your student might need a reminder of the importance of managing emotions.
- Have a discussion about the differences or similarities in emotions that you may experience throughout the day. Ask your student if they notice themselves experiencing any emotion during certain situations?
- To dig deeper, ask them how they can help support their friends and family knowing how they may be feeling?