Laura is a graduate of Georgetown University, where she studied Psychology. She describes her old dance studio as a second classroom and home, and loves that Move This World is rooted in theories of creative expression and positive psychology. Laura believes that schools can be transformed into safe and supportive spaces for all students, and is motivated to support educators in these efforts!
- Favorite wellbeing ritual: Going on long walks in Brooklyn while listening to her favorite public transit podcasts.
- Favorite Move This World exercise: The Positive Pivot, because it motivates me to address challenges as opportunities for positive transformation.
- Favorite way to de-stress: Practicing mindfulness meditation in a group setting.
- Advice for managing wellbeing during the school year: Find opportunities to enjoy meals outside with friends!
- Advice for supporting colleagues and peers during the school year: Embed gratitude in your day to day. Celebrate your teammates’ contributions by vocalizing appreciation on a consistent basis.